Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

OK, I realize that it is not still Matthew's birthday and has not been for quite a while. I am very behind blogging. I didn't blog Molly's birthday--Happy Birthday, my sweet girl--the t-ball game, still no picks of mattie's party, etc. I am just feeling a little overwhelmed with activity right now. My thoughts and prayers are with my friend Hollie (you can click on her blog from my "friends" list) who will be spending her Mother's Day sitting by her sweet baby Kylie's hospital bed. I am praying for them, for the doctors, for answers and for healing. I have been thinking about them for several days and about how busy we all get, especially as moms, with what needs to be done, the needs of our children, this and that--and how easy it is to lose sight of what's really important. Hollie's situation has made me very aware of how precious our little one's are. I spent a lot of the day piddling around the house, listening to the noises of my family, and just playing with the kids. What a wonderful day.
Matthew is so funny. I tried to trick him into an after lunch car ride (a.k.a. get in the car and fall asleep ride) by asking him to please ask Daddy to take him to Sonic to get me a Diet Coke and he could get an ice cream cone. I heard him in the next room saying "Daddy, will you go to Sonic WITH NOT ME and get Mommy a Diet Coke and 5 ice cream cones?" Hilarious.
I also told him that I was going to teach him how to do laundry so that I could go to preschool and play and he could stay home and do laundry. He said "where's Daddy in that story?" I said, "At work." then I said "OR, you could go to Daddy's office, I could go to preschool, and Daddy could stay home and do laundry." Matthew said "I have a good idea--how about Daddy stays home, you stay home, I stay home and we all play." That pretty much says it all. That's exactly how I want to spend my Mother's Day. Love you--

1 people had nice things to say:

Anonymous said...

I love this post today - that Big Boy Mattie has got an extreme vivid imagination and he conceptualizes with a great deal of maturation! I love the "diet coke and 5 ice cream cones" remark.

I hope you had a faboo and loving Mother's Day today!

You are a fantastic Mother and not too bad a niece either!!!!
xo
am