Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad

Today is my dad's birthday and we celebrated in our usual manner with Mexican food and Sour Cherry Pie (which I made, might I add, and it was mighty tasty). Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today was not the best day I've had as a mom. I think everyone is ready to get back to normal with school, routine, etc. I'm hoping that tomorrow is a better day and that I can quit going back over the day in my head and disecting it--should I have done this instead of that? did I let Matthew watch too much tv? should I have been more strict? should I have been less strict? should I sell matthew to the circus? should I run away and join the circus? will Kroger ever let us back in their store? Well, I probably should have done some things differently and I think I'll keep Matthew for one more day, at least. The circus probably wouldn't take me, anyway. As for Kroger, I guess we'll see tomorrow. The funny thing is that the two strange children that were riding in my grocery cart acting like wild monkeys (I think one of them may have been upside down at one point) will probably be sweet little angels the next time we go to the store. If not, I may revisit my circus options.

1 people had nice things to say:

Anonymous said...

Somehow, JB's birthday and two monkeys in the grocery store clerk fit together!

This is a funny post - love the idea of circus living!
xo
am