Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

To Remember

Several nights ago, Matthew was in his room in time out and I told him to clean up, put his books back on the bookshelf, etc., while he was in there and that I would be coming up to check when the timer went off. A few minutes later, I go up, Matthew's room was indeed clean, time out over. End of story.
Fast forward a few nights. We're getting ready for bed. Mike is reading to Molly and I'm in Matthew's room waiting while he's getting his pj's on. I am checking everything to make sure it is picked up, because the housekeepers were coming the next morning. It looked good, but for some reason, I picked up his overstuffed Pottery Barn Kids chair. When I did, guess what I found. About 17 books that he had hidden under his chair several nights ago while he was "cleaning." I said, "Matthew! I thought you'd cleaned these up!"
His response: "Well, it kept you calm until this night."
I had to leave his room so he wouldn't see me laughing.

6 people had nice things to say:

Anonymous said...

OH MY! Just like his Momma!
lol
xo
am

The Drama Mama said...

SHUT UP...that's HILARIOUS!! Gotta l♥ve him!

Lucy said...

I LOVE that kid!!!

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Cracking up! I would have had to leave too!

p.s. so glad you like your clipboard!

Leslie said...

OH my gosh, that is a riot!!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

That is priceless! Talk about a boy that knows his momma!! I love him!!