Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Friday, April 16, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. I've been smelling this seriously unpleasant (I'm putting it nicely) smell in our entry way for about 4 days. My husband smelled it. Even Matthew was asking "Mom, what stinks in here?!" It was bad. I knew it was a dirty diaper hidden somewhere. Nope. I cleaned all around the area to no avail. Finally Mike and I decided that there must be a dead mouse in the wall. Nope. I found the culprit! I just happened to look inside of Molly's princess ride on toy--in the secret compartment under the seat. Guess what I found? 7 "hidden" Easter Eggs, as in boiled eggs. As in rotten, boiled eggs. Eeeeeewwwwww.

2. I'm spending the day cleaning the house. Then showering, then going to baseball, then Matthew's school carnival.

3. I'm in the midst of planning Matthew and Molly's birthday party. Yep--party (singular), not parties (plural). This is the first year I'm trying this. Should be an interesting mix of Monster Trucks and Dora the Explorer!

4. Speaking of birthday parties--has anyone else noticed how party favors have gotten out of control???? Seriously! In the past two months, we've been given party favors that are basically gifts themselves (they must have cost $7-$10). Ridiculous!

5. Which obviously leads me to this: What party favor can I give that is cute, unique, everyone will like, and doesn't cost $7 a child??? I have an idea . . . but of course it's going to take some time . . . and effort . . . and a few late nights . . . I'll keep you posted.

6. I've been pretty busy with photo shoots lately. Yay! And I'm loving some of the pictures! I just haven't had time to post them. But I will!

7. I'm waaay behind on my Project 365. Boo.

8. Leslie is having a precious giveaway over on her blog. Do you know someone who loves ladybugs? If so, you better head over and check it out!

9. If you are one of my peeps (did you know I had peeps? I didn't until just this very second when I typed it!) to whom I owe my pay it forward, don't worry, it's coming! I'm in the process right this very minute!

10. I'm going to be guest blogging on my BFF's blog in a couple of weeks. I want to be funny, charming, loveable, etc., for her readers! The pressure!

Happy Friday!

6 people had nice things to say:

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Okay....I laughed at you. I couldn't help it, I'm really sorry. But the egg story made me do it! Please don't hold it against me.

And the birthday favor thing...it stinks! It's way out of control these days. I'm thinking about asking for no gifts at Caroline's next one, then I won't do favors.

Anonymous said...

Favors, flavors - give them each a Sonic gift card for an ice cream cone or some such item - $1.00 each and the kids will love them!

Okay, give it up - the date for this singular BDay party - sounds divine - I love Dora the Explora!

kiss kiss
am

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I love the idea of a combined birthday party. Too bad my kids birthdays are far apart! Should have planned that one a bit better. :)
One time, we gave out HUGE rainbow lollipops as a party favor. $1 each at Walmart. Can't beat that!
Our treat bags mostly consist of fruit rollups, fruit by the foot, gushers, gummy snacks, small cookie packs, that sort of thing. :)

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh Sweet God the eggs!!! EEEEKKKK!!!!! love you!!
Love the randomness

Leslie said...

I'm a "favor in the party theme" kind of girl, so last year we had a "picnic in the park" theme and their favors were a little tin bucket with their name painted (it was a first birthday so they were all family and I knew who was coming), a baggie of potting soil, and a little packet of seeds. There was a poem with something to the effect of plant this, watch it grow, and when you see the flowers think of me - from Tucker.

This year we're doing "fun in the sun" and I received at another party recently the cutest little package of sidewalk chalk from walmart in a plastic container (so perfect for name painting). I priced them and they're totally doable. :) Loving the giant rainbow lollipo idea - might add that to my baggie. :) haha!

Lucy said...

Ick to the rotten eggs! But yea to the guest blogging! I know you will be charming and fantastic!!!