Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dear Blogger, that's not funny.

I almost had some kind of attack this morning when I logged onto my computer. First, I checked my email and I had one from Blogger, which has never happened before. I read it and it said that a blog that I had created (my test blog which I created to try out HTML code before I try it on my real blog) had been verified as a spam blog and they deleted it. OK. What? First of all, it's not a spam blog because I have nothing to spam anyone about, have no desire to spam people, and wouldn't have the foggiest idea HOW to spam. But whatever. I was thinking that maybe it was because I had only used it once to try something and then haven't done anything with it for a while. No big deal, I can make another one, right?



Then I click on my personal blog link. This blog. And it said "This blog has been closed." Pause for a moment while I completely FREAK OUT. My BLOG . . . My blog that I've been blogging on for almost 3 years now! My blog that has the little funny things my kids have said so that I won't forget them, that has my memories, my mommy-isms, almost everything that I have deemed blog-worthy for the past 3 years is GONE? VANISHED??? WHAT?????? I seriously was in full panic/disbelief/this can't be happening/no f-ing way is this happening mode! So, I paused. Took a deep breath. There was a little box to check that said something like "To restore this blog, check here to get a verification code." So, I went through the process and my dear old blog popped back onto the screen. But seriously, in that moment, I realized how much of myself, my memories had been put into this. I know I don't have 576 followers. Or even 57. But I do have a few very important friends and family who read, and I have connected with other moms who I really like--some I've even met in person now. It's really quite amazing. And then to think for even a few minutes that it was gone--well, I realized how much I enjoy this whole thing. And I also thought, "that's it, now I have to order one of those blog books" (where they print all of your entries into a nice coffee-table type book. Just in case Blogger ever decides to freak out again, my memories will be somewhere else besides my head!

7 people had nice things to say:

The Waters Family said...

whoa! that is a heart attack moment for sure! and as for the blog book---that is exactly what I was thinking as I read this entry. I would be so mortified and griefstricken if all these blog memories were lost! Glad your blog is BACK!!!

Murry Mayhem said...

I would have cried! I'm so glad you could "restore" your blog! I'm in the process of doing one of those books! I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Jill said...

Oh, my!!!!! I'm off to backup my posts. That is WAY too scary! I'm glad that all is well with this blog. I do believe I'll be reminding others to back up their blogs soon!

Jill said...

Did you know that you can back up your posts, just in case this happens again? http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/2010/06/weird-things-are-happening-back-up-your.html
I linked to you in this post. Let me know if you want me to remove it. :)

Lucy said...

I back up my blog every month just in case something ever happened. But I like your idea of the blog book even better! So glad you were able to get everything back. I would have freaked out too!

Lucy said...

Hey, girly. Just wanted to let you know I left a little something for you over on my blog. :)

http://moderndayrickyandlucy.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

Leslie said...

Oooh, glad for the backing up your blog info. I'll be reading it soon!!!

So glad you didn't REALLY disappear. I would be so sad!