Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Thursday, June 24, 2010

My New Flip Flops!

Yet another reason to love blogging! This past week, I participated in The Texas Darlings Bloggie Flip Flop Exchange! It was my very first time to do a bloggie exchange and I loved it! First of all, I found some new blogs to love, and second . . . I got precious new flip flops, thanks to my exchange partner, Shawn!



When I arrived home yesterday, hot and sweaty from sitting outside watching swim lessons, I was busily thinking "oh, I need to fix dinner, do laundry, etc." when I spied a package for MOI on my front porch! Immediately all to-do's were pushed to the side as I ran in to open my package! I knew it was my flip flop package because Shawn so cleverly printed a giant flip flop logo label on the front (which I would have taken a picture of, but in my excitement to see what was inside, I ripped it open--oops).



I could barely contain myself when I opened the box only to find little packages so cutely wrapped with a matching card! I had to stop myself long enough to take a picture, but you can tell I was hurrying, because it's blurry!



And then I got to unwrap each treasure! I received not only one, but two pairs of precious flip flops, a shell anklet (perfect for our trip to the beach), and a bag of taffies in a precious flip flop-inspired bag (which Molly promptly stole and filled with doll accessories).


Shawn also wisely instructed me to get a pedicure in honor of my new flip flops, while eating the taffies and wearing my anklet. This is a very serious and legitimate instruction, with which I fully intend to comply this very afternoon!

So thank you, Shawn, for my adorable package! And thank you, Tx. Darlings, for such a fun exchange!

7 people had nice things to say:

Lucy said...

How fun! I'll have to follow that blog so I can play next year! Love your new goodies!

Shawn said...

Great pictures! SO glad you love everything and that little miss has a new bag for baby stuff! Enjoy your pedi!

Unknown said...

Isn't Shawn the best???? She always makes receiving a package so much fun! Enjoy those new flip flops!

~Becca

Alli said...

Cute! Man, she sure does a good job sending a package...mine was pretty shabby in comparison. Think I'll steal what she did in the future. :)

Enjoy your pedicure!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun exchange you got. Love the flip flops.

Unknown said...

I love how she wrapped everything, and the flops are awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous of the zebra flip flops - I gotta have a pair - give it up as to where?
xo
am