Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Things I love Thursday (even though it's not Thursday for 22 more minutes)


My kids.  I could just eat them up.  Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in what I need to accomplish in a day.  I start thinking of my ever-growing list.  I'm tempted to turn on the tv and let Molly watch a show while I get my work done.  Well, honestly, sometimes I do it.  If I didn't, dinner would never be made!  But I learned one day that when I am so busy, that is exactly when I need to just stop and play with my kids.  So today, Molly and I played.  We sang silly songs that I had forgotten from when I was a kid (John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, Do Your Ears Hang Low, etc).  And we played Patty Cake.  Now, I've played Patty Cake lots with my kids, but mostly when they were little bitty and I was moving their hands.  It's been a long time since I've done it with Molly.  But tonight we did, and she loved it!  She could do it all herself, and of course we end each song with a great big tummy tickle.  Oh, the squeals of laughter are good for the soul.

My husband.  For working so hard, for coming home just when I need him to, so that I can take some sort of break while he plays with the kids. For not complaining about my scrapbooking weekends.  For planning our vacations a year in advance.  For sacrificing getting a new car for himself and instead getting one for me (last April, but I am still thankful).  For making sure that we have everything that we need (and most of what we want).  For paying the bills, planning for retirement, laughing at my jokes, loving me, and for always, always supporting me in whatever I do.  That last one is a big one.  Because he does always support me in everything--never failing, never wavering.  Just believing in me.

My parents.  Holy cow, they do so much.  So many little things I can't even think of them all.  Bringing me a diet coke when they meet me at Matthew's baseball game, sitting in the car with the kids, so that I can go to the grocery store in peace, bringing little treats over for all of us, helping Mike with the kids so that I can go scrapbooking, cooking dinner, giving advice that truly comes from wanting the best for my family, listening to my millions of funny stories about things the kids do, listening when I call with my latest concern, fixing the ice maker in the fridge, and on and on and on.

My DVR.  Thank you Mr. DVR inventor, for thinking up this amazing device.  So that we can watch our shows.  Because we all know how important that is!

My friends.  I have the greatest friends.  You know who you are.  I'm so thankful for you all.  Truly. 

My beauty products.  Specifically Arbonne RE9 Anti-Aging skin care, jergens lotion, my special pink comb, Loreal Voluminous Mascara, all of my lipsticks, my pink razor.

My iPhone.  It's ridiculous.  I still love Words with Friends, but also recently have fallen in love with Diner Dash and Talking Tom (which also happens to be my kids' new very favorite in the world).  Talking Tom is free.  But even if it wasn't, it's a must have.  It even made Mike laugh this morning at 6:30.  Like a real, outloud laugh.  Totally worth it.

I could go on and on.  And I'm thankful for that, too!  But I will save some for later. 

I bet you think I've forgotten to update my goals.  I haven't forgotten.  I'll do it this week.  Let's just say--hmmm, you win some, you lose some.  But I'll update and be honest.

2 people had nice things to say:

Anonymous said...

Unacknowledged Good Turns to Shit!
Love this list of gratitudes! Watch your bag of prosperity increase!

xxoo
am

The Waters Family said...

I needed the reminder to stop and smell the roses! I need some fun silly playtime with my kids-- I have so much to be grateful for! I should blog it so I can be reminded :)