Home      Who I AmEmail Me      Funny Stories      Favorite Posts

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Me, My Mom and Margaritas

Mom and I went to have a margarita and some guacamole at Uncle Julio's (one of my fave's) and we had a very nice time. We actually had two margaritas, which was plenty, considering that they are big and I'm not a big drinker. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a glass of wine or a cold beer, but I just don't over-do. The guacamole was faboo. Pretty much as long as I can remember, I have made this face at my mom. I do it when she is overly-motherly. Meaning, she's giving me too much advice, telling me something that I already know (aka--take your medicine, take care of yourself--I AM!!!), or being overly "something"--I can't quite put my finger on it, but just being MOM. Mom--love you (kiss, kiss). Anyway--she hates it when I make this face and says it's "unbecoming." UNBECOMING. What a mom thing to say!!! Now, obviously, this face is unbecoming. She says I should never, ever make it again and definitely do not post this picture on the blog. I can't help it. Sidenote: I am not going to take the extra minute to flip the picture the right way, I think there should be a superfast shortcut to doing that and if you know one, please tell me. So--you'll just have to turn your head sideways to see me being unbecoming. Hee hee.

4 people had nice things to say:

juicy judith said...

Becoming "Unbecoming!" 2 Margaritas and guacamole! Of course you became "Unbecoming!" I love unbecoming!

I love the photos - both of you are so beautiful and happy! I hoped you sipped one for moi!

xxoo
auntie mame

Jonathan, Andrea and Luke said...

oh my lord! SO FUNNY!! Actually Camily, the picture sideways is hysterical!
**ok.when you click the browse button to get the picture. Right click on the picture and hit 'turn clockwise'. Let it turn..then hit "OK" to upload.
make sense?

Sara Y-O said...

Remember when we were in high school and we'd bitch about our moms and our dads would say "well, you know how your mother is!"? I never understood why that made our moms so mad, but now as an adult if Jose ever said that about me I'd kill him! :)

Hollie said...

This post is EXACTLY why I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!